Sometimes life gets in the way of making the recommended 3-5 CrossFit classes a week or maybe you just have more free time during the day.
Did you miss a particular workout, benchmark, or lift that we really want to make up?
Open Gym gives DefianceFit members that little extra time outside of class to work on skills, drills, technique, or perform work that’s been assigned to you from your Coach.
The goals of Open Gym are as diverse as our DefianceFit members, here are some common reasons why members choose to book open gym sessions:
– Do some extra work that your coaches have prescribed to you
– Practice skills at your own pace, outside of the normal group
– Workout with friends and meet new people
– Catch up on a missed workout
– Get yourself ready for an upcoming competition or event
– Try new things and experiment– PLAY with your fitness!
Open Gym is a time when DefianceFit is open for members to come and use it how they please as often as they like.
So there is no excuse to not get in and train/move or do something to improve your fitness and work on your weak points.
Any classes and Personal Training sessions do have priority on equipment, space needed etc so we just ask that you respect that.
And just as a quick reminder, here are a few housekeeping rules and the hours Open Gym is available for your use:
1. If a class is going on, they have precedent on equipment/space needed for workout of the day.
2. If a Coach is briefing at the whiteboard or teaching on the floor, you are not disruptive or noisy during these times.
3. There will always be a Coach or Coaches available, but no structured coaching.
4. If you’re seen doing something risky or dangerous, you’ll be asked to stop.
5. Please book on to Open Gym sessions as you would any other class session.